As a vegan traveller, I know how challenging it can be to find suitable snacks for your flight or travel; that’s why I want to share with you my top 10 vegan snacks that are perfect for taking on a flight, bus, cruise or road trip. These vegan snacks are not only easy to pack, but they’re also healthy and delicious.
By planning and packing ahead, you’ll have more choices, but most importantly, you’ll always have something to eat. Trust me, I’ve been on flights where I was hungry, and the shops and restaurants had no vegan snack options at all. So, to avoid being “hangry” on your next flight, be sure to pack some of these vegan snacks.
Also, for a limited time, you can download my top “30 Vegan Snacks to Pack” printable for free! Scroll down, and type in your name and email address to get instant access. I put a lot of care into creating it for you and made it really beautiful! Please enjoy!
- Cut-up veggies (carrots, celery, bell peppers, cucumber, baby tomatoes etc.) with your favourite hummus
- Dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- Dried fruit (mango, pineapple, apple, etc.) – I usually opt for the 100% natural organic types, without any added sugar or extra ingredients
- Edamame (lightly salted)
- Energy balls or bars (such as Larabars, or you can make your own)
- Fresh fruit like apples, bananas, oranges, berries, etc. – depending on where you are flying, you will not be able to pack fresh fruit. Still, the good news is, you can almost always pick up an apple or banana in the terminals.
- Gluten-free pretzels
- Homemade vegan brownies
- Instant noodles – ok, I know these are not the healthiest option – but I pack them anyway as an emergency back-up type meal. You’d think that finding vegan salads in the airport is easy… it really isn’t all that easy.
- Oatmeal – you can pick up oatmeal cups from the grocery store and eat it for breakfast or a snack! Add your raw nuts and some banana slices, and you’ve got yourself a delicious little meal.
Grab My 30 Vegan Plane Snack Ideas: Your Ultimate Guide to Healthy and Delicious Travel Snacks
You can unsubscribe anytime. We promise to keep your email safe!
Not only are these vegan plane snack ideas easy to pack, but they’re also much cheaper to buy beforehand compared to the overpriced snacks at the airport. Plus, by packing your snacks, you’ll have more control over what you’re eating, and you can make sure your snacks fit your dietary needs.
In addition to the snack ideas listed above, you can also bring light meals with you like fresh salad in a mason jar or make your own vegan sandwiches and wraps. My personal favourite is a buffalo chickpea wrap with coleslaw, and I’d be happy to share the recipe with you!
But before you start packing, remember these hot tips. First, make sure the snacks you choose are easy to pack and won’t get squished or damaged during transit. You also want to make sure they won’t leak or spill in your carry-on bag. Lastly, make sure you pack enough snacks to keep you satisfied throughout your flight, especially if you have a long journey ahead.
Grab my 30 Vegan Snacks To Pack On Your Next Flight printable, where you’ll get even more ideas for vegan snacks to take with you on your next flight. Just enter your name and email address and a copy will be sent to your inbox.
I’d love to hear what are your favourite vegan snacks to pack. Sharing is caring, so share your top vegan snacks with us! Scroll down to the comment section and let us know.
I'd Love To Hear From You!
I’d love to hear your comments! Do you have any suggestions on what else you think I need to add to this list? I’d love to hear them! Scroll down to the bottom of this page to share your thoughts.
♡ Love, Nash