5-Minute Vegan Fried Rice
This 5-Minute Vegan Greek Is Incredibly Tasty!
If you’re like me, there are some nights when you are so not in the mood to cook dinner. You keep opening and closing the fridge, then the cupboards and then back to the fridge, wishing you could whip something up in a couple of minutes, that has involves no washing or chopping of any veggies, and you certainly don’t want to be creating a whole load of dishes either.
Tonight was one of those nights, and to my surprise, I ended up creating the most delicious fried rice in minutes!
You’ll just need cooked brown rice (or white rice), a can of good quality canned mixed veggies (preferably organic), onion powder, garlic powder, soy sauce (I only use Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos, vegan butter and some oil (I used coconut oil).
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (or olive oil, grapeseed oil, etc)
- 1 Can of good quality canned mixed veggies (preferably organic)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 to 1 Teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of vegan butter (we use Earth Balance)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce (we use Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos)
- 3-5 Cups of cooked brown (or white rice)
- Heat up your pan over medium heat and add your oil
- Drain and rinse your canned veggies
- Stir veggies in slowly over the hot oil and stir gently
- Add your garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder andS
- Stir again for a couple of minutes, then move all the veggies to a corner of your pan, and add in your butter.
- Wait a couple of seconds to allow the butter to melt slightly and then add your soy sauce
- Move the veggies back to the center and mix butter and soy sauce mixture into the veggies
- Add you rice – start with 3 cups, give it a good stir and see how it tastes. If it’s too salty or spicy, add another cup or rice and taste again. I don’t like too salty food, so I needed at least 5 cups of rice (or less soy sauce)
- When you’ve found the perfect flavour, gently scoop your rice into your favourite bowl and enjoy hot!
NOTES: If you don’t quite have enough rice, then please use less soy sauce, butter and less spices, especially the chilli flakes. You can still use the full can of veggies though.
All in all, I was very happy with this quick and easy dinner. It was super delicious and I’ll definitely be making it again.
I’d love to hear what you think. Scroll down to the very end of this page and leave your comments or suggestions.